The topic of today’s show comes at an opportune time. How many of you started new years resolutions, set some goals….and already you’re starting to feel you’ve fallen short. I get it… I’ve had a few moments begun show it’s ugly roots upon my heart, mind, and soul. Today’s show is to give you a SECOND CHANCE…An unconditional opportunity for pure elevation. To learn how to ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS… BY POWERING UP!
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence,
regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. –Vince Lombardi
THE PROBLEM: I’m going to make your day…It isn’t you.
It isn’t bad willpower or laziness. It’s human nature because we live in the world we are a bit flawed.
The true problem lies in where we are get our power from… is it from our flawed self or from above?
FAITH INFUSED LIVING… REACHES GOALS HIGHER!—FAITH-FITNESS
THE WORD: I want to take what the scholars are telling us, right out of Health and Fitness, Jan. 2020 but I want to show you how impactful these approaches are…. When channeled upward.
- Strength is best gained through lifting in lower rep ranges…
- “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. Luke 16:10
- Don’t make you goals crazy big. 8 min, devotionals 3 Xs
- Keep track of where you’re at…
- Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress. 1 Timothy 4:15
- Constantly look back at your wins….you must know and be honest where you’ve started. Did you weigh yourself, take a picture. Do you look back? –––SABBATH
- Don’t forget your nutrition…
- But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4
- You know you must eat good food to truly get fit and stay healthy. The same goes for our HEART HEALTH …We might say ‘We should’ read the Word, we might ‘think’ it would be good for us but we truly do not know how powerful the Word is.
o It’s the light – vs dark Romans 12:2, Philippians 4:8
o It’s strength – over temptation 1 Corinthians 10:13 over man-NOT God & with a way out.
o It wins over lies: greater is He in me than him in world 1 John 4:4, when born of God/live in Christ He protects us… evil cannot touch us.
- Keep it simple…
- Helpful So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
- We make growing in our faith too hard…EVEN living in our faith too hard. See every goal, decision, inspiration should be rooted in God. AND that makes us want to say… Whoa… and put up our defenses but that is where the real success and wins come. Just look back at history. As you called on, leaned into God…that is when things straightened out, when the message became your message…when you began to see the light.
- Rest. …
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
- You are going to have to do the work one way or another….do you want the work to seem easier, lighter, with times of rest when you are completely worn out? Lift up the pain.
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
- Do the cardio so you can later do the marathon, measure twice cut once, organize the planner so when you have a season that is crazy you can keep on.
- Keep your form…
- I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:14-16
- We get discouraged when we compare ourselves to others. But honestly, would you ever tell God he screwed up on you? He didn’t – if we begin to run someone else’s race. A race God didn’t equip us too…. We will fail
o Don’t look back – it slows you down
- Pay attention to your warm-up.
- Pray diligently. Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude. Don’t forget to pray for us, that God will open doors for telling the mystery of Christ, even while I’m locked up in this jail. Pray that every time I open my mouth I’ll be able to make Christ plain as day to them. Colossians 4:2-4
- What are the where are the pitfalls, landmines? What are your weak spots? What are your gifts and go to’s? Do you start your day with prayer? Devotionals?
-Confidence, as you see the wins
-Blessed, For God, of God,
THE CHOICE: Go at your goals with ‘self’. Go, hard and you’ll do well…but if you learn to run your race with God…
YOU WILL TRULY BE POWERED UP FOR GREATNESS.
FAITH INFUSED LIVING… REACHES GOALS HIGHER!
Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN